17 July 2010

Wow - That Was Fast!


So I went to my favorite pattern site in the universe, Ravelry, and BOOM - I found the items I'm going to make Jack!

The first is a gorgeous baby blanket. I am going to change the yarn though to something more cuddly than just plain old Lion Brand Yarn Pound o' Love... that and I'm allergic to something they put in there. It makes my hands break out something terrible. I am wondering if JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts still has their Bernat Satin on sale - I remember seeing a beautiful shade of blue and green.

The second is a sweet little bunny blanket toy. He was too precious not to want to knit. The only modification I might make is to make the inside of the ears a satin material. I'm not sure though, we'll see how his personality comes out when he's done. The pattern calls for Velvetspun, which I've never used, so I'll have to go and run my hands over it to see. I'm all about how the yarn feels - if it isn't yummy, I'll use something else.

Oh, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...