07 July 2019

Taco Pasta

I was telling my friends that I made Taco Pasta last night and they all looked at me funny. I described what I had done and the cocked heads and furrowed brows all changed into looks of hunger so I thought I would share the recipe with you here.

It is super simple to make and the entire meal only cost me $8 so you just can't beat that. While it's just Pokey and I, we have plenty of leftovers but even with Hobbit home we would have gotten a full second meal out of it. Enjoy!

Taco Pasta Recipe
1 lb of ground beef (I use 97/3)
1 16 oz package of noodles (whatever floats your boat)
2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 16 oz jar of salsa (heat and brand is up to you. I use Publix brand mild)
2 tbsp of tomato paste
Spices (season to taste) - cayenne, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper

Directions
1. Brown your ground beef with the spices and drain. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Add jar of salsa, half a jar of water, and tomato paste. Mix well and let simmer on medium heat.
3. Cook noodles per package directions, leaving at al dente firmness, drain.
4. Mix beef and sauce mixture with the noodles and combine well so all noodles are covered.
5. Mix in one cup of cheese until melted and well blended.
6. Sprinkle additional cup of cheese on top of mixture and bake for 8 minutes or until perfectly melted.

As you can see, I drizzle a bit of ranch dressing across it because I love how the coolness of the ranch compliments the heat of the salsa. It is so delicious and I promise, you will love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...