15 April 2011

Welcome Home!

Do you remember way back when, when I said that I had a surprise?  Welp, it finally arrived!  Ravelry has a group for those of us who blog.  It's a great place to ask for critiques, feedback and just inspire one another.  There is an ongoing thread for contests - so I entered one... and I won!


The girl who writes this particular blog was looking for feedback and tips on how to go about improving her blog.  I shared what little wisdom I think I have and wished her well.  I never expected to win - mainly because I never do win those things.  One day, when visiting Ravelry, I had an email message from the girl stating that I had won - oh how exciting!!


I didn't want to post about it all until I had the yarn - so I could take photos and such.  Well, it arrived late yesterday afternoon and I was so tickled.  I had to wait until this morning to get photos since I love natural lighting... plus, I knew exactly where I wanted to take them and it required daylight.


Now all I have to do is figure what I am going to make with my two full hanks of this beautiful wool.  My original plan was to make Hobbit a skirt but since her birthday is on Monday and I know my limitations, that isn't going to happen.  I guess I'll just have to let the thought marinate... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...