09 January 2012

Motivational Monday ~ 1/9

R. A. K. ~ Nerd War style
 A random comment.  A random act of kindness.  You see it, read about or hear of it every day but how often do you receive it?  I'm a firm believer that you get what you give out of this life.  If you spend your life miserable and upset over that which you have not, I honestly don't believe you will have that which you desire... because you've done nothing to earn it.  Does that make sense?

Earning things can be done in a wide variety of different ways.  You can do things to earn funds, trust, compassion and good deeds.  By doing these good things, good things will be returned to you... you just have to be able to see them.  After working very diligently since I hurt my neck and shoulder, my husband took the day off yesterday and spoiled me - he cooked and cleaned and took us on an outing to the park.  I am constantly creating charity items and sending them off to their respective destinations or teaching others how to do crafty things... all the while, expecting nothing in return but joy - joy found in the act of doing these things and joy from the recipients of those acts.

Dye Kit for Silk
I have a friend who always says "sooner or later, the universe is going to catch up with you" and I always giggle.  She makes it sound like a threat and I guess if you had a gloomy outlook on life, it would be but I don't.  I work hard to find the sunshine in things because I would much rather spend my time on this earth being full of joy instead of sorrow... creating happiness instead of headaches... making people feel loved instead of lousy.

So today, I think the universe caught up with me.  I don't know her at all.  We simply share a common passion for all things nerdy and fiber related.  I made a simple random comment asking for guidance and she answered with the kindest gesture of them all.

Thank you, Mrs. Lisa - you're my fairy godknitter and I appreciate you so very much.
A spindle, roving and a sample bag to dye my own silk - all from a simple question in a Nerd Wars thread.
So I bet you can guess how I'm going to Rise to the Challenge now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...