15 March 2012

Entirely cliche

source
Cliches, I love them.  I found myself speaking in them a lot this week.  I don't know why but when I noticed it, I laughed... a lot.  So I thought I would share the joy with all y'all.  Here are a few of the gems that I have uttered/written this week alone:


  1. You must learn to see past the nose on your face.
  2. Always look on the bright side of life (usually sung, can't help it).
  3. The best laid plans of mice and men.
  4. Dangle a carrot in front.
  5. Nothing but a fair weather friend.
  6. The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
  7. Knock it out of the park.
  8. Try taking the path of least resistance.
  9. Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not for the name on the back.
  10. Slow and steady wins the race.
  11. Keep your head down, your mouth shut and do your work.
  12. Eye of the tiger.
  13. That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
  14. Throw the baby out with the bathwater.
  15. Time wounds all heels.
  16. Wash your hands of it.
  17. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
  18. Get off the cross, someone else needs the wood.
  19. You can lead a person to knowledge but you can't make him think.
  20. Oh the fickle finger of fate.
Yep, at some point during this week, all of those phrases have come out of my mouth/fingers.  You've got to admit though, they are fun. 

What's your favorite cliche that you always use?

1 comment:

  1. Time wounds all heels? LOL How about these:

    Beggars can't be choosers
    Better safe than sorry
    Don't judge a book by its cover
    Truth is stranger than fiction

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...