22 March 2012

The possibilities are endless

The Beatles were right, all you need is love
Today really is a day of endless possibilities, fresh starts and new beginnings. I hope that if anyone is ever placed in a situation that is toxic by being constantly negative, that they have the courage to fight back and get out. We finally did and you can tell, even before it officially begins, that there is something different in the air around here... a sense of happiness and joy that has been lacking over the past several months.

Never be afraid to stand up for what is best - for you or your loved ones - when they can't stand up for themselves. Today is most definitely a day full of excitement and hope because we finally had the courage to do just that - stand up for Hobbit. Bullies come in all shapes and sizes... and ages. When it's someone who is supposed to be an authority figure, it makes it a bit harder but even more important to do what you believe to be right.

Yes, it was scary.  Yes, the principal had been observing and saw what I had been saying for the past several months to be honest and true. Yes, Hobbit does get a fresh start with a brand new teacher in a brand new pod this morning... and yes, she is as giddy as a girl on Christmas morning.  Even now, while sitting next to me eating breakfast, she looked over and said "I'm so excited, Mama" with the biggest smile on her face.  The sad eyes are no more.  The desire to go to school has returned. That alone is enough to make me cry tears of joy.

I'm excited too, Hobbit.  I'm excited too.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, she does look so happy. Good luck with the new teacher! It's so wonderful to know they're excited to go to school. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good for you! Good for Hobbit! Your post brought tears to my eyes (as I struggled with similar situations with my own "Hobbit" . . . many years ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got in the car and cried - because her day was sooooooo good!!! I joined in because she was so happy.

      When she got to school she went straight to her new classroom and the teacher was there. He turned around and the first thing he said to her was “I am so glad you are here” - that set the tone. She sat down to her desk and he showed her were everything was - the mood was positive and nurturing. They took a math test and she got 100%… and he praised her for being smart! Hobbit said that everyone was nice, no one was yelled at or fussed or or said ugly things. Her teacher is upbeat, positive and encouraging - it’s like night and day.

      Yesterday was the first day in a long time where she was excited to go to school and it was the first day in a long time when she came home just as happy. I’m tearing up just thinking about it. It’s like a huge dark cloud that weighs a million tons is off my shoulders. I slept better than I have in weeks and she woke up better than she has in months.

      It was wonderful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...