04 March 2012

Sunday Snaps

There was some super secret knitting...

Present making...

Love affair renewing...

Favorite proclaiming...

and Round 2 submission entering!
I've been a bit of a busy beaver this past week.  I fell into an amazing crafting groove which is still going strong.  I think it's because I finally have something else to do besides my dissertation project.  I admit to getting a bit bored with it since it was the only thing I could work on for a couple weeks.

Thank goodness Round 2 of Nerd Wars started this past Thursday - I cast on at midnight... I cast on two projects actually!  The first was my Three Irish Girls, which I had to work a few rows with it, and then the most obnoxious novelty yarn.  Sheer determination made me finish that one first because I knew that if I put it down, I wouldn't want to pick it back up.  I worked through a whole skein and gave myself a cookie when I was done - it was just icky... although the end result is pretty. Yesterday, I cast on my super secret knitting which I have turned into something I can use for Nerd Wars too - my team unity project even.  I should be done with it today, possibly tomorrow and I'll take a photo of it.  I'll have to check my notes to see if I can discuss it or not - I think I can but I want to be sure... you know?

So that was last week - this week, we've got vet appointments, school evaluations and Peanut is on Spring Break.  I'd like to say that she is snuggled up in her room but that would be a lie.. she's in Texas with my folks since they were able to go and get her.  It's only a week and by the time she got home, she'd have to go back so it was just easier for her to hang out there for a week.  I'm starting to think I should have said a better good-bye since I have the sinking feeling that she just isn't going to make home any time soon... but those are tears for another day.

Did y'all have a great crafting mojo week too or were you lucky to find time to eek out a row or two?  Any plans for secret crafting in your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...