Y'all know me, I've got find some way to make the modest pantry seem new and exciting. Welp, I just did it again with my latest casserole and I'm rushing in here to share it with you while it's in the oven!
1 lb of ground beef (though chicken or turkey would be good too)
2 cans of Tomato Soup + 1 can of water
1 box of medium shell noodles
1 package of Sloppy Joe seasoning
1 package of shredded Mexican blend cheese (2 cups)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Brown meat with spices and Worcestershire sauce. Drain.
2. Add in the two cans of tomato soup, one can of water, and the sloppy joe seasoning packet. Let this simmer on a medium low heat. I put in a handful of cheese but you don't have to, it's a taste thing.
3. Cook your noodles to the package instructions. You want them a little under because we'll be putting this in the over for a bit to melt the cheese.
4. Combine the noodles with the sauce and meat mixture. Pour this deliciousness into a 9x13 pan and sprinkle the cheese on top.
5. Bake in a 350 oven for about 18-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.
Look at this - it is absolutely wonderful and delicious. I wanted something new and different for the family to enjoy. This has a bit of spice so if you want to add a swirl of ranch dressing to the top when you serve it, I can tell you that it's out of this world fabulous.
I hope you enjoy it. I'm going to go dig in now!