08 October 2012

Motivational Monday

source
I unplugged this weekend and it was wonderful.  I disconnected from the internet and reconnected with the world.  While I do love all that modern technology has to offer, I dislike routines that we can sometimes fall into which pull us from that which is most important - real people.

Today, I'm going to continue on a modified disconnected life.  I will write here and catch up on my friends blogs that I missed over the weekend but after that - I'm going to do something productive.  I find that a computer has become a great time suck and I am going to step away.  When I do sit down, I've taken to setting a kitchen timer for 60 minutes.  Once it goes off, I find something else to do - read a book, clean something or craft something.  There is so much more to life than watching it through a computer or television screen.

It's time to live a simpler life and that includes finding a better balance between computer and the world.  I didn't spend a great deal of time on it before but this was all triggered because I kept running down rabbit holes on Friday and I lost an entire day - an entire day!  That is something I have never done but came to the conclusion that if it was so easy to do it once, then it better stop now before it becomes a habit.

Every day is my day to be as productive or wasteful as I wish... and I wish to be more productive.  I dare say, if I were to tag those lost hours from Friday and redistribute them in a better way, there is no telling what I could have done!  Time to stop talking about things and start doing... because that is the only way to make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. *applause* I started my disconnect when I shut down my facebook page. It really has been one of the best ideas I ever had. I'm tons more productive now. I have realized the time suck it is and try very hard to keep my internet time to a minimum. I get my emails wrote, blogs read, blog posts made, and whatever leftover time I have I allow for fooling around on pinterest or a home decorating site. I do all that while Miss Evie sleeps on my chest for her first nap. When she's up, it's time to clean, read, play with the children, knit, crochet, craft...There is so much out there to do. I don't want to miss out on any of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...