22 August 2013

Nibbles and Narratives

Marbled bundt cake with powdered sugar on top.
I know, it's been a while since I've had a chance to do one of these segments.  I do love them, just hadn't made the time to sit down with my book in a while but now that Hobbit is back to school and I'm getting my updated routine down, I've carved out a bit of time to read again.

I am not much further than where I was last week but I am further so that's what counts.  Lena just had her first "moment" in Mrs. English's class - I can so relate to that feeling, can't you?  Thankfully, the results of mine were nothing compared to what happened with her.  I am curious as to how they are linked, Lena and Ethan, and I love how he's figuring it all out along the way.  It lets me know that the author doesn't think I'm an idiot and has to have it all spelled out at the front of it but lets me discover it bit by bit, just like Ethan.

This week I also did a bit of baking.  Ever since I was a little girl, my mother would always make something on the first day of school.  Cookies, brownies, cake - just something homemade to celebrate... our return to school and her return to a calm, quiet house.  When I became a mom, I carried on that tradition with my own kids.  On Monday, Hobbit headed back to school and I made her a bundt cake.  Now, in order for you to totally get the reason behind why it looks like it does, you have to understand that "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is one of Hobbit's most favorite movies.  So not only did I make her a "cyak", I made her a "boont cyak"... and she loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...