21 November 2015

A week of quiet

I took Hobbit up to meet my folks on Wednesday afternoon. They took her to Williamsburg, VA and she's got a scavenger hunt type of homework assignment since she is missing two days of school. So far, she's been having fun and I'm happy she is able to have these special memories with her grandparents. I lost mine when I was her age so I don't have those kinds of memories - though my parents more than made up for awesome memories for us.

Yesterday, Pokey and I made memories of our own. We went to Disney's Hollywood Studios and spent the whole day wandering around, enjoy attractions, and viewing the final season of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. If you follow me on Instagram,, then you were with me the entire day but just in case you don't, here are a few highlights.

We had a ton of fun just wandering around with no specific game plan in mind, very relaxing.
We went on the Great Movie Ride first and then we explored One Man's Dream - my two favorite attractions in this park.
Then we had a foodie's lunch at The Hollywood Brown Derby - it was absolutely divine.
Afterwards, we walked off our lunch and headed over to Star Tours - we did a quick walk on and then used our FastPass.
After that, we headed over to Lights, Motors, Action and watched the stunt show because Pokey loves it - I love Lightening.
We followed that up with the Muppet Vision 3D movie and on our way out, I saw something I had never seen before - this!

I would love a wreath this big on my house - it would be bigger than my house so obviously I need a bigger house... lol.

Even found Santa sneaking about making sure the kids were nice so he could check his list.
I loved this Victorian Mickey and Minnie figurine but we promised that we were just going for fun and shopping this time.

Which was good because this Star Wars holiday shirt was super hard to resist. Lightsaber candy canes and Santa Yodas!

Then the lights happened - this is the final year for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, we had to say goodbye.

I saw this window display on my way out and cracked up - secretly, I want to own it but I'm not sure where to put it.

And that's a wrap on our day out to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lots of memories of our own were made.
It was great to take a day and just enjoy being together. We rarely get such a treat and since we took a three day weekend together, we're continuing our fun - though today has been stormy so we're just relaxing at home. We slept in and honestly have yet to get out of our pjs, which is something we've not done in forever.

Tomorrow we can do chores, today, we recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...