28 August 2010

Isn't It Ironic


Okay, now I have that song stuck in my head... ugh, it's going to be one of those days. You see, today is Saturday. I know what you're thinking and yes, we aren't going to be doing much of anything today but that isn't the point of this post... no, the point of this post is about how ironic that I can't get Hobbit up during the week but on Saturday mornings she is up an entire hour earlier than usual.

Now ever since school started two weeks ago, Hobbit has been singing the praises of Saturday and how she will be able to sleep in... and yet, here we are at the butt crack of dawn watching Playhouse Disney with our Fruit Loops. What happened to sleeping in?

Typical weekday morning is met with grumbles and groans. Typical weekday afternoon is met with whining and tiredness. Logically speaking, you would think I would have to march up there around 9 or 10 in the morning on Saturdays to wake children up... but that is not the case at all. Instead, Hobbit is wandering downstairs before I have even pondered what creamer to put in my coffee... to make matters worse, she's 'chipper' which, to those of us who require a warming up period to the day, is rather annoying.

I think it's only fair that when she becomes one of those sleepy teenagers that refuse to get out of bed, I go in to her room and return the favor... after my first cup of coffee of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...