23 May 2013

Nibbles and Narratives

No narratives this week - it's all nibbles because I wanted to share the most amazing creation that took place in my kitchen on Monday night.  Even my idol, Gordon Ramsay, would approve of this one.  It's that good!

You're going to need these ingredients -

I worked it out and with the six servings, it worked out to about $1.25 a serving.. can't beat that!
Ingredients
  • 1 lbs of ground beef
  • 8 ozs of angel hair pasta, broken into thirds
  • 15.25 ozs of corn, drained
  • 10 3/4 ozs of tomato soup
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of minced onions
  • 1/4 cup of rough cut parsley
  • 3 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
It's super simple to make and tastes like a million bucks.  Even Hobbit ate it so that's saying something!
Directions
  1. Set water on to boil and cook your noodles per the package directions.
  2. Toss onions, crushed red peppers and corn into a hot skillet and saute.
  3. Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and half of the parsley.
  4. Add in your ground beef in chunks to help brown it quicker and easier so you don't break or burn your corn and spices.  Drain once your ground beef is cooked through.
  5. Replace mixture on low heat.  Add in the tomato soup and water, mixing thoroughly.  Let simmer for about five minutes or so to marry the flavors.
  6. Drain your pasta and add to the meat mixture, combine so all the noodles are wet with sauce.
  7. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and add the rest of the parsley to the top for color.
Hungry?
This stuff was so good, I swear! I got six servings total so in our house, that's two complete meals. I think a nice cool salad would compliment this dish really well and if I had had the fixin' in house, I would have made one to go with it. Enjoy - and let me know what y'all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...