10 May 2014

Weekend Wonderment

I have so many projects that I want to start but I refuse until I complete one, get the GO! on the other, and build myself a nice cushion for the third.  You see, I have completed five classes and all my available Quidditch so far this term just to give myself the freedom to go hog wild with my Advanced Studies.  For those who think I have lost my mind and haven't been with me very long, I'm talking about the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup over on Ravelry.  If you need something to spur along your crafting mojo and productivity, this is definitely the place to be!

So my 6th class - and final one of the month for me because you actually lose points when you opt to do all 8 because the base is gone and you're left with bonus points only - is my DADA hat that I need to complete.  My goal is by tonight, this puppy will be done.  Here is where I am right now...
I've gotten some comments about the color combination but I don't care - it's for me and I like it.
After I get that one done, I am going to put some more time in on my OWL because 217 stitches is a lot of stitches.  I have to do one row a day in order to get it finished on time.  I am trying to get a nice cushion built up because Hobbit only has 17 more school days left and I know once it ends, a lot of my crafting hours before work will be just gone.  I think I've gotten a great deal done, all things considered...
This is 23 rows completed with 217 stitches per rows...
I love that the back is neat and tidy, even with the carried yarn.
I've got another good week of dedicated blanket time before I will have to split my time between my OWL and my Mission - which is much plainer than my blanket so it will be a nice break, at least until I get to the lace edging.  Once the second round of Quidditch starts, I can make Pokey's hat with the yarn I dyed for Herbology class.  Did I share that with y'all?  No, well take a look...
Pokey claimed it before it was even dry!
So that's what on my table for this weekend - and this week.  What about y'all?  Anything fun or exciting happen lately or waiting to happen very soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...