14 September 2014

Jingling ring-ting-tingling too

Here's the skirt I made a few years ago.
I have Christmas carols on constant repeat in my head.  It's not too soon if you're a crafter with a list of gifts to make that is as long as your arm.  To get myself in the mood, I play Christmas music while I craft... and it gives me an excellent reason to play Christmas music because I absolutely love them.

One of the things that I've been itching to make is a new tree skirt.  I made one a few years ago when I was a super new crocheter and it never fit right.  I want a do-over.  I am going to too... and better than that, I'm going to design it myself.

I'm thinking of several things so I'm not really sure which direction I'm going to go with it.  I've got visions of blues with white snowflakes at the hem... scrappy goodness making a rainbow of colors... traditional red, white, and green with a granny rippley effect.  I need to narrow down my scope and get started on it soon.

We're getting a bigger tree this year so I'm going to need a bigger skirt... yeah, that's the ticket.  We crafters are getting down to the wire, it's time to seriously get into present crafting mode - who's with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...