05 January 2015

A leap of faith

Here is a glimpse into an internal dialogue I had with myself last night...

"Oh that's so pretty.  I want to make that and I have the perfect yarn for it.  Wow, these directions look complicated.  Oh wait, okay... she just uses different terminology for that.  I can do that.  I think I can do that.  I'm not really knitter.  I'm more of a crocheter.  I don't think I can do this... but I want to get better at knitting so I can at least try it.  Worst case scenario is I fail... and waste yarn.  Yarn is expensive.  I don't want to waste yarn.  Oh goodness, maybe I shouldn't do this.  Nope, I should wait until I'm better before trying this pattern.  I think it may just be too advanced for me."

Sigh.

Queue my internal voice - who actually sounds like Walt Disney himself - because my internal voice has more confidence in me than my external mumbly voice...

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.  Everyone falls down.  Getting back up is how you learn to walk."

Then I thought back to what I saw on Christmas Day.  My most favorite quote from my idol...


I smiled to myself and did the only thing I could do... I cast on 21 stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...