13 January 2015

One down, three to go

This is going to it's new house tomorrow.  I really like how it turned out - I hope she does too!
My Detention OWL has four shawls needing to be finished.  This is the first one that I have completed.  I used my new blocking mats and wires last night to get it to bloom so nicely.  It is huge, let me tell you.  It took up my entire office floor - look...

The wingspan reached 64" and the length from center is 32"... it's massive and soft and fabulous!
I really like the difference using blocking wires makes.  My edges are crisp and straight.  My lace really opened up and the peaks are perfect.  I think next time though, I will place a wire between the body and the lace edge so I can open the lace a bit more.

Today I was supposed to have been spent tooling around with my mama but she had to cancel.  I understand - she had a severe allergic reaction to the material they used to strip the wallpaper border from her kitchen.  By Saturday night, she was in the ER, it was that scary.  Today, three days later, she's still covered in hives and miserable but at least she can breathe and her face isn't swollen any longer.  It was scary - scarier to me because I've been there myself so I know how she feels and what she is going through.  We've rescheduled for week after next so I will still get to see her, just not today.  I really needed a "Mommy Daughter Day" too... but I will simply readjust my day and wait until the end of the month.  I've been fighting a cold anyway so I'm pretty miserable too.  To celebrate my mama, here is the tune for today - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...