27 January 2015

Keeping my face towards the sun

This is my motto as of late.  There has been too much negativity running around - online and in the world.  Don't get me wrong, I know there are bad things happening and they make me sad but that doesn't mean that I have to wallow in them and spread the negativity like a disease.  So I'm not.  Who is with me to keep their focus on the warmth of the sun instead of getting lost in the darkness of the shadows?

I had a beautiful day yesterday with my mama.  We wandered around shops, had a nice lunch, wandered around more shops, stopped for a sweet treat, and then went back to my house and talked for a bit.  I love spending the day with my mama.  Nothing brings in the sunshine and joy more than spending quality time with loved ones.

Today is my Sunday before my work week starts.  I have a meeting to attend at work tonight around 7ish and while it is not my favorite thing to do - go to work on my day off - at least I get paid a percentage of my regular wages to sit and listen... plus, I don't have to go anywhere but my office so it could be a larger inconvenience.  In the big scheme of things, 25 steps from the living room to the office in my stocking feet and sweatpants is not so bad.

I'm going to spend the day at Pemberley with my Hitchhiker while I do the laundry.  I only have 7 teeth left, which has me so excited I could bust. The rows are so very long now.  It might be unrealistic to think I could finish it today but hey, the worst that can happen is that I fall short - the best is that I get closer to my goal - so there really isn't a down side.

To celebrate this terrific Tuesday, I'm sharing a bit of Pemberley with you too... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...