14 May 2015

The heart of it all

I spent a lot of time pondering which of my project bags I was going to share today.  Doctor Who, Hello Kitty, Minnie Mouse, Peter Rabbit, Owls... I've got so many fun containers for my crafts that my head was spinning.  That's when it hit me.  I knew exactly which  bag to share with y'all today - my notions bag!
This little precious piece of nylon cherry material was purchased for a dollar at JoAnn Fabrics roughly seven years ago.  I know this because my husband loves to go through the POS aisles of any store.  He has a thing for rummaging through discounted bins and finding treasures.  He was the one who found this bag and bought it for me.

I remember him standing there, with the goofiest grin on his face, holding up his purchase and telling me exactly what I should use it for - holding all my 'bits and bobs for my knitting'.  I giggled and told him he did an amazing thing, finding me the perfect bag.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was a make up bag and not craft oriented at all.  Shows what I know - it's been the perfect 'bits and bobs' bag!!

This treasure that he found holds treasures sent to me from my friends too.  Yes, they are crafting tools but they hold special meaning to me.  Those scissors came from one of my dearest Ravelry friends.  That girl and I share a bond that I don't think will ever be broken.  The sweet UK designed clip top purse doesn't hold coins, it holds all my stitch markers.  It came to me as a complete surprise from one of my amazing readers - along with several other things that make me smile when I glance around my office.  The adorable polka dot pouch up there was a gift from a swap several years ago and it holds all my needles - sewing, embroidery, cable.  Every needle in my universe is in that precious little pouch.  That tape measure was part of a prize pack from one of my favorite bloggers and I guard it with my life.

So you see, while this may be a misdirected make up bag, it is the heart of me and my crafting adventures.  It, and it's contents, are tokens of love that I deeply cherish so it is only fitting that I am never without it. 

My 'bag of choice' may change with my project but my cherry notions bag is truly my treasure.

6KCBWDAY4

1 comment:

  1. I love that your husband got the bag for you. That makes it even more precious‼️

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...