03 May 2015

Sunday Snaps

I know I don't normally do collages on Sunday but hey, some stuff has been going on and I was feeling collagey today... so that's what I did.

On Tuesday, I made a gorgeous Garlic Citrus Turkey for supper for no other reason than it was Tuesday.  It was so delicious and looked so great, I had to take a shot of it.  It was super simple - onion powder, garlic salt, orange peel, lemon peel, Worcestershire sauce (on top and in cavity), and a bit of pepper.  Added about half a cup of water to the bottom of the pan and just popped it in a 350 oven for 20 minutes per pound, laying foil over the top (loosely) after two hours.  It was magnificent.

On Wednesday night, I found a pattern in my email inbox and fell in love.  I had to make.  I literally went out that night and bought yarn with my pocket money and the pattern with my revenue from my Variable Star Shawl pattern sales.  It is a completely new adventure for me - knitting with charts!  I've never used lace charts before but I figured it out and am now up to the second chart and plugging along.  I am so very proud of me.

Friday marked the start of Spring Term for the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup so I was eager to get something posted - my Detention!  I finished that beautiful shawlette on Monday, took it off the blocking pins on Thursday night so I could weave in the ends Friday morning.  I do love it and the success of that is what prompted me to feel confident enough to attempt the baby blanket for my soon to be here granddaughter, Emily.  My little jellybean is due in September but this blanket is going much faster than I anticipated so I will definitely have it done in time.  I also started a Hello Kitty sleep sack upon my son's request - that alone made me swell with pride.  My son actually asked that I make his daughter something!!  That has never happened before so I jumped at the chance.

Yesterday, Hobbit and I went up to see my folks.  Pokey had to work so we went just the two of us.  We had fun.  It was chillier than anticipated so we didn't go swimming but we did watch "Paddington" and then went to visit the Appleton Museum.  The girls had fun and I got to spend time with my family so I was content.  On the way home, I broke out in hives from my chin through my decolletage.  Complete works followed shortly after - sneezing, tummy issues, watery eyes.  Needless to say, I fell asleep early.

Today I am almost human... well, I'm less splotchy so that is always a plus.  The rest will wind down in time, I'm sure.  I've got a pile of wash to get done today and then I'm going to just relax and play with my yarn.  I have no plans today and I like it.

I hope y'all have had a great week and were able to get some time to do the things you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...