14 February 2013

I did it again

I put down a book that I just could not get in to... although I did request that my husband please read it since my mama asked us to tell her if she would like it.  I figured that if I can't get into it that's one thing but if he can't get into it then my mama definitely won't enjoy it.  Between the two of us, we have her taste in literature completely covered.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for his book that he is currently reading so I am currently without a novel.  I know I will have one before the weekend is up so I'm not fretting over a few days without a book.

This past week I did something that I never thought I would - I put cinnamon in my meatloaf.  Yep, you read that right.  I have been watching "Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course" and in one of the episodes he was making 'real' fast food or street food, and I noticed that he added a teaspoon of cinnamon.  This got me thinking so when I went to make my meatloaf the other night, I played with my spices.  I added ground mustard, garlic, oregano, cinnamon and chili powder along with my standards of salt, pepper and minced onions.  Let me tell you, it was amazing!  Everyone cleaned their plate and commented on how good it was which made me very happy.  So remember, you can jazz up anything with just a bit of spice and creativity.

Oh, last night I finished Hobbit's Valentine's Day present and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.  I also find it funny that the first thing that she and Pokey said when they saw it was "Can you turn it in for homework at Hogwarts".  Ah yes, I have trained them well.  Here is her hat, which she has donned for school today -

And yes, I turned it in for my Muggle Studies homework, thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...