28 February 2013

Nothing but nibbles

Instant family favorite right here - so good!
Mainly because I haven't had a chance to pick up my book this week... but this recipe is well worth it's own post, trust me.

On Tuesday I was wondering what to do with my leftover chicken meat from the other night when we roasted the bird.  I initially was thinking of Chicken and Dumplins but I haven't found my old recipe and all the ones online are wrong - the dumplins are more like noodles, not like these blobs that I keep finding.  So I went searching for something different... and I found it!

I went to The Pioneer Woman's archives and found her recipe for Chicken Spaghetti - but I tweaked to fit our family.  Angel hair instead of thin spaghetti, mozzarella instead of sharp cheddar, no peppers, add garlic and ground mustard plus a bit of parsley on top for color.  Other than that, it's just the same... oh, and I used Cream of Chicken soup instead of Mushroom.

This is an awesome recipe and it yielded me two complete meals - well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...