|The bigger the mug the better - at least for me!|
- 1 cup milk, steamed
- 1 cup very strong coffee (4 tablespoons coffee grounds to 1 cup of hot water, done in a French press or drip machine)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons peppermint syrup (I get the huge bottle from Starbucks - either in the store or online - for $7 and it lasts forever)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Candy cane or crushed peppermints
- Prepare your coffee however you choose.
- Grab a pot, heat up one cup of milk until it is steaming. Froth the milk – you can just whisk it into submission or toss it in a blender.
- In your favorite mug, mix together the coffee you just made, cocoa powder, sugar, and peppermint coffee syrup until the sugar and cocoa powder are dissolved and there are no lumps. I take the back of my spoon and smoosh the lumps against the side of the cup – works like a charm. Now you pour the foam over the top of the coffee/mocha mixture. Stir it up and finish it off with whipped cream, a wonderful drizzle of chocolate syrup. You can a bit of fun by added a candy cane to the cup or crushed peppermints to the top.