24 February 2013

Have I ever...

The bigger the mug the better - at least for me!
shared with y'all how to make the greatest Peppermint Mocha ever without stepping a foot inside Starbucks?  I don't think I have and this thought crossed my mind while I was sharing the recipe with the girls over at Knitspot, which made me feel awful that I would share with them and not with y'all so here goes - the recipe which makes me live up to my name on a daily basis...

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup milk, steamed
  • 1 cup very strong coffee (4 tablespoons coffee grounds to 1 cup of hot water, done in a French press or drip machine)
  •  1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons peppermint syrup (I get the huge bottle from Starbucks - either in the store or online - for $7 and it lasts forever)
  • Whipped cream
  • Chocolate Syrup
  • Candy cane or crushed peppermints

Directions:
  1. Prepare your coffee however you choose.
  2. Grab a pot, heat up one cup of milk until it is steaming. Froth the milk – you can just whisk it into submission or toss it in a blender.
  3. In your favorite mug, mix together the coffee you just made, cocoa powder, sugar, and peppermint coffee syrup until the sugar and cocoa powder are dissolved and there are no lumps. I take the back of my spoon and smoosh the lumps against the side of the cup – works like a charm. Now you pour the foam over the top of the coffee/mocha mixture. Stir it up and finish it off with whipped cream, a wonderful drizzle of chocolate syrup. You can a bit of fun by added a candy cane to the cup or crushed peppermints to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...