19 September 2013

Tasty allergens

I could resist it no longer - I had to have some BBQ Pulled Pork and I had to have it now!!  That meant one thing, pulling out my crock pot and getting to work on some of the tastiest allergens ever.  I'm happy to report, I only had a slight reaction so I just may have the leftovers tonight!!  Here's my recipe -

Ingredients
  • Pork roast - about 6 lbs is what I bought
  • 1 can of coke - I'm southern, it's all coke but for everyone else I guess it's cola or soda.
  • Garlic salt and Pepper to taste.
  • One small minced onion.
  • 16ozs of your favorite BBQ sauce.
Directions
  1. Place roast in crock pot.  I put mine in frozen but it can be done thawed as well.
  2. Pour coke over entire roast.  Be sure to lift it up so it gets underneath.
  3. Toss in the onion and your seasonings.
  4. Turn on low for about 7 hours.  Now, mine was frozen so I had it on high for an hour and then turned it down to low for the remaining time.
  5. Take the roast out and shred it.  Drain all but 1 cup of the juices.  Put shredded roast back in the crock pot and smother it with all the bbq sauce and saved juices.  Mix it all up so that the meat is properly covered and wet.
  6. Let cook on low for another hour or two or until you just can't take it any longer and have to have some.
  7. Serve on a bun, over rice, on a plate with taters and corn... anyway you want it and enjoy!
I was so set to eating it that I totally forgot to take a picture of it.  I'll try to remember to do it with leftovers tonight... but I can honestly tell you that it was the most delicious thing I've put in my mouth in a very long time.  It was heaven on a bun, let me tell you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...