03 September 2013

Whoa, back to business

My goodness, that was one crazy holiday weekend.  I didn't get any time off between family and working but it was fun all the same.  Time for a little recap of events...

Thursday was spent on Ravelry.  Seriously, the vast majority of my day was spent there in the HPKCHC group because Sorting happened and I am a Mentor which means we had a lot of First Years and NQFYs to get settled and into place.  I love this 'job' - it brings more joy than you could possibly imagine.  Plus, I got sorted back home to Slytherin so there was a lot of catching up to do with my friends.

Friday was spent cleaning in the morning and then running around with Hobbit in the afternoon because of a rash she had all over her arm.  It was awful.  I got a call from the school nurse to come up and see but I figured it was just prickly heat from being sweaty after recess - it so wasn't that!  I called her pediatrician and he asked for us to take pictures and email them to him, which we did.  Turns out she has eczema so he gave us some samples of a cream to put on it which has really helped.  I love our pediatrician because he runs his practice like an old school doctor.  None of that cost me a dime because it wasn't about the money, it was about making Hobbit better.  That reminds me, I need to call him today and give him an update.  I also had to work that night which left me little time to breathe that day at all.

Saturday was spent catching up on the things I didn't get done Friday - I had to swatch for my Muggle Studies OWL so that I was ready to submit on Sunday, I had to do laundry and tidy up around the house and work that night.  Not as busy but still, crazy days because classes hadn't started yet for Fall Term over on HPKCHC but the students were still abuzz because it was less than 24 hours away... and I was too!

Sunday was my only day off and so I was lazy bones.  I submitted my OWL and spent a good portion of the morning answering questions, setting up the Slytherin Study Hall and learning my Beater position on the Slytherin Quidditch team.  My gaggle of First Years are settling into a groove and some had even submitted their first classes so there was a great deal of celebrating going on.  That afternoon, we took Hobbit to the park down the road so she could run around and enjoy the cooler afternoon temperatures.  It's not but a mile up the road so we may walk it and let her ride her bike next time because there's a nice metered track outlined around the park area.  After we put Hobbit to bed that night, Pokey and I watched "This Means War" - super cute movie.  I really enjoyed it and I think we'll be picking it up from the store if we see it.

That brings us to yesterday.  I did have to work but I don't mind working on holidays because I get paid time and a half and it's generally quiet.  We did have a bit of systems issue last night so during the downtime, we had a bit of a book club chat and discussed what we're reading and how we're liking it.  I got in a few rounds of my Potage's Cauldron shop shopping submission done too.  Overall, it was a nice day.

Today has been good so far.  I had a talk with Hobbit about the standards her room will be kept at and if I have to do it, she will pay me for my maid services since we had to spend ten minutes searching for her planner that she misplaced earlier in the week.  The thought of giving away her money may be the key to her finally getting a grip on her extreme messiness which drives me batty.  It's like she has a complete disregard for cleanliness and just tosses things on the ground when she's done... so gross!  I gave her tonight to clean it up and if I have to go in there will be garbage bags involved.  I do have to work tonight but I don't anticipate it being busy though I do think things will slowly start to pick up since we're entering the Golden Quarter in October - that magical time of year when retailers make roughly 50 to 75 percent of their annual income thanks to the holiday season.  I do love my schedule this month though - working on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.  It's a great blend of days off.  That third day in a row was a complete de-motivater for me when I had to go back to work the following day.  Something just clicks after that third day... it's like you were on a fake holiday and get cheated out of the rest of the time.  You know?

So that's where I've been... at Hogwarts mostly and caring for my family but now we're back to business as usual, which means - here's your song for the day... Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...