27 March 2014

This, that, and the other thing

My allergies have me feeling like such a space cadet during my little weekend here.  I know it will pass but by golly I do hate feeling like I have a head full of cotton and the seven dwarfs are mining their way through my face.

I finished my book last night.  I picked up Divergent while I was at the store the other day and I started it on Monday morning, reading all the way up until I had to go work, then I didn't have time to pick it back up again until last night after supper, when I finished it.  It was really good.  So good actually, that while Pokey and I were out and about Tuesday he bought me Insurgent so I'm good to go on the second one tonight or tomorrow.

All my little projects, lined up in a neat little row.
Today was spent on the sofa since I felt puny.  I watched Leap Year and Robin Hood (the director's cut) while I worked on a blanket for my niece and nephew-in-law who are expecting their first child in May.  She doesn't know what she's having but I do so I am doing my best to make it so when she opens my present it doesn't blow the surprise.  The colors are green, yellow, and peach which would work for either a boy or a girl so I think I did alright.  I need to run out to the store once Pokey gets home tonight so I can get more yarn.  I need to pick up at least one green and hopefully a yellow but if not, then I'll get a second green which will work out fine because I have two more skeins in a fabulous green, grey, and blue colorway waiting to be made for our sofa.

I also started a hat to help work my way through my stash.  I have the band and about 6" of hat done but the pattern calls for 10" so I'm plugging along.  It's the same pattern that I made my OWL hat out of last term over at HPKCHC.  I love the pattern but the crown decrease was never awesome to me so I'm going to do my own thing once I get to that point.

We're having sloppy joes for supper tonight because they just sound good.  You know how when you feel kind of icky, certain things just sound perfect?  Welp, initially I was going to make a meatloaf but then I got to thinking and I really wanted sloppy joes so Pokey is bringing home buns, kettle chips, and ice cream so that I can have my comfort food supper.

I think I'll get caught back up on my American Idol before tonight... I forgot to vote so I'm hoping that Dexter, Alex, and Caleb rocked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...