18 June 2014

Planning takes patience

Swatching and marinating for my Patronus Cloak.
I have been debating on how I feel on this swatch.  I've never been one to create an item in the exact same color scheme as the pattern calls for but I was given the palette of the original pattern so I thought it best to swatch it and let it sit to see if I love my work.

This will be my OWL for Fall term - meaning I won't actually work on it until I get it approved in September.  Swatching is a great way to scratch that 'startitis' itch.  There isn't a gauge on this pattern but it's nice to see how the recommended yarn weight/hook combination works up for me.  This will be my first adventure with fiddly yarn and a tiny hook.

What do y'all think?  Does it have potential to be a History of Magic OWL in a few months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...