04 June 2014

Our first day of summer holday...

I have been super busy this week!  Working on things for my mama's birthday, playing with all my neon yarn, and cataloging gifted yarn for future use.  Hobbit is officially on summer holiday, and she officially woke up with a cold this morning.  Poor baby girl.  The worst part of it all, we bought her a new nylon kite that looks like a butterfly and were going to take her over to the beach to fly it.  We still might this afternoon, depending on how she's feeling.

Check out all the neon fun I've been having this week...

I swear, this is just a heavily manipulated image of my mama's present.  I'll share after I give it to her.

I cataloged all this beautiful yarn and it is going to be used to make that fabulous pattern from MAD Designs.

My most awesome stitch marker is hard at work on a project I started yesterday that will be gifted to someone too.

Awesome tiny hat to be donated to awesome tiny babies - Hobbit was gracious enough to have Kit model it for me late last night.

I learned to make mitered granny squares and I must say, I am in love.  I need more neon yarn now because this must somehow become a blanket... and I will make it so.
I also started using that Fettuccine yarn that Pokey found for me but man oh man, does it hurt my hands.  I can only do a few bits at a time before I have to put it down.  I would not have thought that it would have been that difficult to work with - and it may be because I don't have an ergo hook that size - but t-shirt yarn to make a rug is powerful stuff, let me tell you.  I do like how it's coming out though...

I know, it's not the best shot because it's hard to see the awesome pattern
You see, I had a bit of "help" while trying to take this last photo.  Normally, I take a shot like that one and it's my base.  Then I move forward, tweaking lighting, camera angles, etc.  Well, the minute I sat down on the floor today, I had company.  Here are a few outtakes from this sad little photoshoot...

I had found the perfect lighting angle but was working on camera angle when Tinkerbell decided to help out...

Not to be outdone, Buddy and Hobbit had to join in the mix as well...

Okay, nix my cute bag and go straight for the shot of the rug in progress and I almost made it...
So I did what any mama would do... I put my things away and decided to focus on them instead.  Of course, that's when I immediately became less interesting...

Buddy just plopped down and promptly began to 'power down' for a nice snooze fest...

Tinkerbell decided that whatever was going on outside was way more entertaining...

and Hobbit figured drawing on her whiteboard was a billion times more fun than my taking pictures.
Interesting how that works, isn't it.  Oh well, guess I should get saddled up and see about heading to the beach to let Hobbit fly that kite.  I hope y'all have a fabulous day.  Are you working on anything fun this week?

2 comments:

  1. Nice stitchmarker! ;-) I really love that granny square, v cool. Laura (strawberrymousecrafts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite... it jingles while I work! Plus, this really sweet girl sent it to me ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...