11 July 2013

Care for a Nibble?

Things have been whackadoodle around here since I started working again.  Getting into a rhythm has been hard but I'm sure by August it will all be ironed out.  I'll be working my real schedule instead of what I've been doing during training and hopefully Pokey will have the position he interviewed for on Monday which will put his office just up the road instead of almost 2 hours away.  All of that to say, I've not gotten in much reading time lately.  When I get off work, I am brain dead so I just turn on Netflix and fall asleep to a classic series I've seen a million times over.  I do, however, have a nibble to share!

Hehehe - I couldn't resist.  You can't eat that but I just wanted to say that I am finally done with it!
Gotcha!  I just had to my project share since I finished it last night and the only reason it is even finished is because I love my mama that much.  So many times I wanted to toss this sucker in the trash.  It was fiddly, unforgiving and rather rude.  The tree is an original design since the pattern from the kit was all kinds of pathetic.  Trees should be big and fluffy, not tall and skinny.  Anywho, here is my contribution to my mama who is reestablishing her Christmas decoration collection.

I do have a recipe to share though.  It's down and dirty simple but it tastes really good and you can get 8 or more servings out of it, depending on your portion size.  We didn't name it so I'll just call it "Down and Dirty Dinner", for when you're cooking on a budget and in the trenches... kind of like us lately.
Seriously taste, seriously easy!

Ingredients:
  1. 1 16 oz package of angel hair pasta
  2. 1 10 3/4 oz can of Cream of Mushroom soup
  3. 1 cup of milk
  4. 1/2 pound of chicken, cooked and chopped
  5. 2 tablespoons of parsley
  6. 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
  7. 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
  8. 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Directions:
  1. Cook noodles per instructions on package. Drain and set aside.
  2. Mix soup, milk and spices.  Combine well and until smooth.
  3. Add soup mixture and chicken to pasta.  Mix thoroughly until all the pasta is wet.
That's it... I told you it was super simple, Down and Dirty Dinner in under 15 minutes.  Not bad when you're cooking on a 30 minute supper break.  We got a full supper, two helpings of seconds and three frozen larger portioned meals.  The total meal costs were less than a dollar a portion!

Everyone loved it and my mama suggested putting broccoli in it.  If I did that, I might add more milk to stretch the sauce a bit more but not much, maybe a quarter to a half cup more.  Plus, if Hobbit wasn't going to be eating it I think I would have added some crushed red peppers because they would take it to a whole other level of wow.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...