21 July 2013

Sunday Snaps

It's been hot, stormy and generally icky this week.  Lots of bright personal moments but the weather wasn't one of them.

I made this bunting while we watched the latest Transformer movie during our celebration dinner on Wednesday.

I also finished the hat I was working on.  Sadly, the bind off was too tight like I feared but it fits Hobbit perfectly.

I got a little silly yesterday and made this sleep mask for Peanut.  Still cracks me up every time I look at it.
This upcoming week is going to be interesting.  Pokey did get the job that we were hoping for and he starts tomorrow!  He is very excited and we celebrated with some steaks we had in the freezer and a movie on Netflix.  He's been off this weekend which has been wonderful and during the school year it will be doubly so since I have to work at least one day of it.

Speaking of work, it's currently in the aftermath of the mad rush to plan summer activities.. people are out enjoying what they planned.  At first, I was really disappointed but I've decided that in the next month or so, I'm pretty sure things will pick up for those who are planning holiday things and I'll be wondering where all the time went.  I'm still learning the ropes but I haven't gotten a note saying I messed up anything so I'll consider that a win.

I'm almost out of yarn on the shawl I'm making so it will done soon whether I want it to be or not.  I've got about fifteen yards left on this one skein before I break into my last one.  I just finished the banding for my final repeat so I'm debating if I'm going to simply do the three row finish now.  The more I think about it, the more I think I might considering the last skein only covered two rows and they're just over 200 yards a piece!  I'd hate to be in the middle and just run out.  I'm also debating a button to help keep it on during work.  I don't have a fancy shawl pin so I'm thinking a button would be the best option.

That's been my week.  I was thinking it was pretty lazy and not very exciting but then I started thinking about it and realized I was wrong in that analysis.  Pokey got his new position, Hobbit is fixing to get ready to go my folks for her last visit before school starts, I made three new things and am almost done with a fourth.  Yeah, it's been a pretty awesome week.

I must say - I am one blessed girl, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...