08 July 2013

It's all about the brain

Have you ever had one of those days that just didn't go right?  My husband asked me what was wrong and all I could say was that "I couldn't brain today".  He laughed but he understood exactly what I meant.  I was just having a dumb day and it brought me down.

After work, Hobbit came into the office and said that this box was for me.  I hadn't ordered anything and I wasn't working any charity events right now so I was completely confused.  I looked down and read the name - it was from a dear friend of mine that I've known since I was 14 years old.  Her husband is currently stationed in Germany and they took a recent vacation to London... and I received a box full of Anglophenia goodness.

L to R: Publications, post cards, tea mug, teas & coffees, crystal, totes, coins and London pixie dust!
This box made my day.  To think that she was off traveling in a place that I've only dreamed of, having the time of her life with her family, and she thought of me.  Yeah, I admit to getting all misty eyed over the fact that while there, of all the things she could be thinking of, I crossed her mind and she knows that Pokey and I dream of retiring over there one day.  She knows that I am such an Anglophile that it isn't even funny - I would drop everything and move if someone gave me the opportunity.  I spend my free time booking imaginary trips, touring the houses that are for sale online in the area, watching every travel documentary that comes to pass... oh yeah, it's bad.  I love London - all of the UK really but London has always had my heart.

I may not have been able to brain today but I must say, thank goodness I was able to 26 years ago when I met her!  Life has handed us a lot but we both came through pretty darn good on the other side and it's friends like her that remind me how truly blessed I am - and I don't need to be able to brain to know that one.

Thank you, Giggles - I love you girl!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! I'm more of an English countryside, Scotland, & Ireland kinda girl. Cities aren't really my cup of tea. I could only stay a little while before I desperately needed the quiet countryside again. :) How 'bout this: you move to London and I'll buy a huge English country manor and we can visit each other frequently. Sounds like a plan to me. If only...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...