23 March 2013

Weekend Wonderment ~ 3/23 - 3/24

This is Tinkerbell and I have a feeling my weekend is going to be spent full of giggles, headbutting love and purrs.
It's a very eventful weekend around here.  I adopted Tinkerbell yesterday morning - the name from the shelter was "Starsky" but she and I agreed that it was way wrong.  She has integrated herself into the family perfectly.  There is sad news with Tinkerbell and we're going to talk to our vet to see if there is anything we can do for her - her previous owner had her declawed... all of her feet... front AND back!  How is this poor baby girl supposed to the simplest of things like scratch an itch now that she has no back claws?  How is she suppose to balance?  It makes me sad when I think about it and furious when I think of whatever vet performed the operation.

Back to happy news - we have a new precious little girl who is so sweet and funny.  She's the softest cat I have ever pet in my life, and Bella is pretty dang gum soft.  The only thing we have to work on is that several times during the night, I found her purring away on my pillow with me.  Cute, funny but so not good for the whole allergy aspect of things.

The birthday girl sporting her Temperature Wrap.
I also have a phone call to make at 4:45 a.m. on Sunday.  My precious baby... my little surprise miracle... she will be 20!  This is only the second birthday that we will be apart but I sent her her present early and she loved it.  I hope her cards got there in time.  She got two - one from us and one from Hobbit - and both made noise.  Ours sang and Hobbit's talked, we hoped she opened them somewhere crowded... because that would be fun!

My mama will be here soon.  She's going to spend the weekend with us and then go to Hobbit's allergy testing appointment.  Afterwards, she'll be taking Hobbit up to spend a few days of her spring break with her.  It'll be a nice full vacation week around here.  Hopefully we'll be able to go to Disney on Thursday like we planned and then she's got a wellness check-up on Friday.  Only 10 weeks of school left in the year and then we're on lazy days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...