27 August 2014

Itching to get started

I think it's time to get this puppy rolling... I keep putting it off because of the HPKCHC but I want to work on it now.
I want to work on something different.  Yeah, I have a fair few fibery projects in the works but I honestly want to do something different for a little while.  I want to work on my cross stitch.  I was going to take it with me on vacation since it's easy to pick up and put down but I can't wait that long.   I think I'm going to spend the morning cutting my cloth, taping the edges and getting started.  I really just want to work on something sweet and simple - and this totally fits the bill.

Yarny goodness can wait a few more days... it's time for some floss fun.

6 comments:

  1. tape the edges? what kind of material are you working on? Tape is not the best......either hem it or maybe use fray check which can wash out.....but tape leaves a nasty residue which can destroy fibers...unless you plan to cut off that part of the material once you are finished stitching (just my 2 cents worth!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mama's used masking tape on the edges of the aida cloth for years. It's just barely covering a quarter of an inch to simply keep the ends from fraying. Besides, it won't ever be seen when I'm done because I will use more than that to sew the backing on it it.

      Delete
  2. This looks like an absolutely gorgeous project! Can't wait to see the results. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it has been fun doing something different for a change!

      Delete
  3. I used to do the same thing. Then I took a class and learned how the tape residue ruins the fabric. Their point was we put so much love, time, and effort into making it....we should look at it as creating an heirloom that will outlive us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your position, but I will probably continue to just use the tape on the edges because it's fast, simple, and after 35 years of personal time doing, I've not had an issue.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...