04 August 2014

Allergic to orange

The color, apparently, not the fruit.  Sounds silly doesn't it, but I swear it must be true since I've been using that particular brand since it came out a few years ago.  Here's what happened.  I pulled out my copy of Crochet For Baby All Year and I was settling in to make the sweet outfit for a little girl found on the month of August.  I loved the bonnet and little lace tummy on the top.  I had picked up the most gorgeous shade of burnt orange that ever existed because I figured that it would work great as a top or a jumper and the color would work through the cooler months as well.  It was squishy and soft and beautiful... and it made my arms break out in a most horrible and painful rash!!  Just like when I was working on that hooded wrap for Peanut last June - all itchy and painful and less than attractive.  It was so bad it hurt to move my arms.

Isn't this going to be the most fabulous little bonnet!!

It seriously took about two weeks for my arms to not be totally disgusting but as soon as they were good to go, I was back in my stash shopping for something new to make.  I loved the patriotic set that I shared during my review so I figured I'd start over with the hat - just to be sure my arms wouldn't flare up again.  So far so good and I've made some serious progress in the hour that I had to work on it last night.  I plan to have it finished and sent within the week.

The thing I love about these patterns is that they are written so clearly, you can just pick up your hook and go to town.  There is no need to sit and study the lines, wondering what exactly they are trying to convey because the designer makes everything plain and simple... and the finished items are just too cute for words.  I secretly want to make this bonnet big enough to fit me!

I've got so much to share with you about what I've been up to but for now, I've got to get going on the day. I hope y'all have been having a lovely time and I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...