Nothing gets the creative juices flowing more than lack of sleep and delirium... right? Right! I have just figured out how to create a TP Turkey for the kids to make over the break for our Thanksgiving table! Oh yeah, it may be 4 a.m. and I'm averaging 3 hours of sleep a night but this baby rocks.
Here's what I've figured out you need for each TP Turkey:
- Empty TP roll - if you feel the need for bigger, go for a paper towel roll!
- Construction paper - any color for the kids but if you're a stickler then try for orange, yellow and red.
- 2 Googly eyes - we have animals so I will not be buying these... we can draw them on just fine too.
- Cut out feathers in oblong shape. I'm thinking about 9 or 10 feathers for the little fella.
- Cut out an orange folded triangle for his beak.
- Cut out the little red floppy peanut shaped gobbler (it's late, y'all know what I'm talking about here).
- Draw the feet (or cut out of orange paper and glue if you want) on the TP Turkey.
- Draw or glue on the eyes, beak and gobbler thingie.
- Tape the feathers to the back of the TP Turkey.
Imagine once I have some coffee... look out world. I'll post up a photo of one as soon as I make it... it's going to be so cute!
*Update ~ Here is the photo, as promised! *