21 November 2010

Why Would You Say That?


Every time I go to this one group on CafeMom, I wonder why I bother.  They post things like "If you could go back in time, would you still marry your husband" or "Describe your husband in only two words".  You would think that the majority of women would say sweet things in response to these posts, right... wrong!

These women write some of the most hateful things I have ever read.  I can't believe anyone would put their responses out there for the world to see.  Just because you have a screenname and a slight bit of anonymity, that doesn't negate the fact that you are speaking about another human being - one you chose to commit yourself to for all eternity.

Would you like an 'example' of what I'm talking about so you can better understand?  I can do that for you - let's use the post about describing your husband in two words.  My two words would be compassionate and loving.  My two words would have been in the minority.  Most of these women posted things like (and I'm going to clean up the profanity because I see no need in it - you get the idea... for a truer picture, change my verbiage to something a million times more vulgar) ~ "hiney hat" or "jerk face" or "complete retard".  Why would you say that?

This is a man to whom you have pledged your undying love and devotion to... a man that you will spend all eternity with and you choose to describe him in a way that is most repulsive.  I don't care if I know your real name or not, that just isn't right.  Actions online and actions in the real world should mirror each other.  It doesn't make you look cool to insult your husband online.  It makes you look cold and callous.  How would you feel if you were to stumble upon something of the like that was written by your husband?  Do you think he would feel honored by having such a title bestowed upon him?  Would you?

I love my husband.  I love him dearly and am truly blessed to have him.  I attempt to show him this daily just as he attempts to show me daily.  Our actions speak much louder than our words some days.  A simple kiss on the forehead turns me to butter.  My online comments about my husband reflect my love and adoration for him - and in many cases, reinforces it as well... makes you wonder what their comments are reinforcing.

All I can say is that these women should review Proverbs 27:17 ~ Just as iron sharpens irons, one person sharpens another.  And with that in mind, I have left the group in search of iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...