29 January 2012

Sunday Snaps

I created a new hat pattern...

I created a new recipe...

and my birthday present finally arrived.
It's been a rather low key week.  I spent a great deal of it working on a new hat pattern that still needs a few tweaks.  I also have been playing in the kitchen but only one creation was noteworthy.  My 480 yds of Three Irish Girls goodness arrived in the post this week too - I need to figure out what I'm going to make with it.  The base is Wexford Merino Silk and the colorway is Bellini - it's gorgeous.

I just got a note from a dear friend that she might be able to pop by on Tuesday for a visit, which makes me giddy.  I haven't seen her in a few months and she's just the sweetest soul.  I hope she brings her knitting - I'll make some coffee and we can just gab and knit and sip and laugh.  Fingers crossed our schedules still hold true - we've had the worst luck when we plan to get together.

Hobbit's allergies have been off the charts this week so to currently hear her singing in her room while she's cleaning makes me smile.  When she's miserable, we're all miserable - sometimes she's just pathetic and it breaks our hearts, others it's just her spreading her misery with us... I prefer this much more.  Now if I could only get her to actual clean up her room instead of creative pile making, that would be heavenly.

The next three days are going to drag on - I know this is true because I've lived it before.  I need to find a simple project to occupy my time for the next three days because I also know that at midnight, on February 1st, I will cast on at least one new project and work until it's completed at some time later in the afternoon that same day.  Do you know why?  It will be my first completed project for Tournament 4 of Nerd Wars - and my first ever completed project as a Team Captain.  The rosters were announced yesterday and I just know that we're going to have a blast for the next three months.  If you missed sign-ups, no worries because you can always play as Ninja... and play for the glory!

So that's been my week - I hope yours was equally as low key and relaxing.

4 comments:

  1. Those are some truly beautiful photos. Your hat pattern looks really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been going back and forth about actually writing it up since it is so, well, vanilla really. It's very comfortable though and I've gotten a few compliments on it when I wear it out.

      Delete
  2. Super cute hat! I'm always so envious of your photos. They always look so wonderful.

    I hope you share the recipe soon! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - it's just in photographic form here, http://peppermintmochamama.blogspot.com/2012/01/california-cheeseburger-pie.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...