09 August 2012

One week left

1st day last year
That's all we have until school starts. I can't believe it. I don't know where the time has gone either. One minute, we're so thankful to hear the final school bell ring and the next, we're anticipating with nervous butterflies the first bell of the year.

Orientation is Tuesday and this will be Hobbit's last year as a "primary" student. Her new school has an Elementary and a Middle school so they delineate the lower grades by breaking it in half, almost. Kindergartners are just that, 1st and 2nd graders are consider "Primary" and those who are in 3rd, 4th and 5th are called "Intermediate"... all of which I think is odd because I grew up with "Primary" meaning all children in Elementary school and "Intermediate" meant all the ones in grades 6 through 8.

Anywho, we're all set - at least we think we are so that counts, right? We'll meet her teacher next week and see her classroom. We'll take all the supplies in that were posted on the website and pay the fees. Hobbit claims she wants to ride the bus and I don't have issue with it but I will admit to some trepidation due to the experiences we faced when she started Kindergarten - but we keep reminding ourselves that this is a new group of children.  Thank goodness she tells me everything and if I know kids, and my daughter, she won't be riding it long because of the noise level.

Lots of interesting things coming down the pike - some exciting, some scary... but mostly I keep wondering when my babies became college sophomores and second graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...