10 December 2012

Early birthday presents rule!

I will be 40 on Saturday.  I'm super excited about it too - but then again, I am one of those weirdos who absolutely loves their birthday.  Initially we were going to go to Walt Disney World so I could photograph all of the splendor of the season but earlier this pay period, Pokey had come down with the flu and missed several days of work.  For normal folks, this is no big deal but when your paycheck is 80% dependent upon commissions, it can be a serious situation.  It's okay though - he's all better and we have Annual Passes so we can go whenever we aren't so skint.

I did get the coolest birthday present though - starting when Pokey came home tonight until we go to bed on Wednesday night, he is going to be me so I can have a "weekend off"!  Yep, that's right.  He's going to do the cooking, cleaning, taxi service and every other chore that I do on a daily basis while I sit on the sofa watching period dramas and crafting.  What could be better? Oh, I know - he's making it so that I don't have to lift a finger... at all!  It's a completely pampered 48 hours.

Whoever said the best things in life aren't free has obviously never been married with children!  This is the best present I could have ever wished for and it doesn't cost a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...