17 April 2014

Book review and a prize for you!

It is my honor to introduce you to one of my favorite designers.  She makes the most creative and whimsical items, her instructions are super easy to follow, and the end results are always perfect.  Say hi to Kristi Simpson from RAKJpatterns.

Kristi recently asked if I would be willing to review her book on my little space in the crafting world and naturally, I said yes!  I knew I would be getting a book that had some cute patterns in it but I had no idea that every pattern would have me reaching for my hook.  They are seriously that amazing.  Here, it's easier for me to show you exactly what I'm talking about...

You don't have to know how to do a single stitch - the photo tutorials will walk you through every single step of each stitch she uses in her hats.
Look at how stinking cute these creations are - how can you not want to make every single one offered?!?
30 hats means 30 different hats - not 15 hats sized for adult and children.  And the sizing, holy wow... no nogging is too big or too small for one of these.
I had to grab my hook the minute I saw this one because my niece is having her first baby in May.. she needed this hat.

So I made one for little Ruby and one for my niece who is a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan.  I chose that green so the hat wasn't too girly but still stylish and feminine.
These hats whip up like a dream.  The directions are super simple to follow - no complicated or fancy terminology.  Kristi explains the pattern just as if she were sitting on the sofa next to you, hooking along.  These patterns are for anyone who has a desire to pick up a hook and make a hat... be it your first or your four hundred and forty first.  You will absolutely love them all.

So, would you like your own copy of this fabulous new pattern book?  It's simple - share your favorite memory of you and your mother, or of you and your kids, in the comments below.  You know you have some crazy tales to tell and we'd love to hear them.  I'll collect all the entries and draw a winner from them on Saturday, April 26th.  All entries must be made by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, April 25th.  Be sure to leave a way for me to get in contact with you - email address or Ravelry ID preferred.  Shipping is limited to the US.

Good luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the amazing review!!! Your hats worked up beautifully--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know I have to comment....this book is too fabulous to not to try and win!!! Adorable!

    Favorite memory of me and....my kids, I'll go with. It's hard to pick only one, you know....and a lot of them are insignificant, but awesome in their own right....but my kids are young, so not a ton of years. And as of right now it would have to be Christmas morning this past year, Caim opening up everything and being the super-duper excited kid she is and then her encouragement and help to her brother, Carl, and everything she was happy about, he was happy about....it was a great morning, a great memory...turned into a great day :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...