06 February 2011

Good gravy

You know that saying "when it rains, it pours"... it's not just an ad for Morton Salt.  No sirree bob.  It can be used in regular real life too because it's pouring here, let me tell you.

All last week the girls were home sick.  I got them all back to feeling tip top and sent them back to school on Friday... and that is when it started drizzling.  I felt that little tickle in my ears and my throat was a bit raw.  Eh, I was sure it was just the crazy weather we'd been having and my running out of Singular last week.  It was nothing.. or so I thought.  Saturday, the down pour began.  I woke up with a fever, my voice was gone and the kids were fighting... and it has yet to stop.

So I am curious why the world stops spinning when kids or husbands get sick but if mamas get sick, life goes on as usual.  Why do we always have to suck it up and carry on while they get to be colossal pains with the whining and patheticness? 

I don't want to be pathetic, I just want a nap and some soup but I'm a mama so I'm off to flip the laundry, dust the living room, break up a fight and make cookies.  I think in my next life, I'm coming back as the daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...