19 July 2012

Happiness always sneaks

Don't you just want to snuggle down in there and dream of Fall?
There is a quote that I find myself repeating a lot lately - "Happiness always sneaks in a door you did not think was open".  I have no idea who said it but I sure to do love it.

It's a common known fact that we have always kept our eyes open for properties that will get us closer to Pokey's work.  The other day, we thought we found a perfect one but life being what it is, it didn't work out as we had hoped.  I will admit it, I was very sad to get the news this morning that it wasn't going to be but then I did what I always do - I got back at it... and found something that may be even better.

When I got back from errands, there was a big box patiently waiting to be welcomed home.  I opened it up and found enough beautiful autumnal yarn to make a sofa blanket.  It was gifted to me from a dear friend that doesn't do fiber arts, although she is one heck of a scrapbooking genius.  She very sweetly sent it down to me... from Virginia!  All because she knows how much I love to play with my string.

Even Pokey had to pet it, it's that amazing.
I also got another smaller box looking for a home - it was my package that I ordered from Doodlebug Yarns.  I know, it wasn't in my budget but thanks to all of you beautiful people who use my discount link up there, they gave me a gift that I promptly used on some "Little Lovely" worsted Malabrigo... all I had to cover was five dollars in shipping cost.

So while the big news of the day was rather disheartening and sad, happiness snuck in through that unknown open door.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I love that yarn, and it's my 60th birthday and if I can be happy with that then I just know there's something go tester just around the corner for y'all! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday, Miss Martha! I sure hope it was wonderful for you!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...