09 January 2013

It's been a most excellent day

I have some wonderful things to share with you today.  I finished my white inspiration piece last night.  It took several false starts and admittedly a few tears too but in the end, I really love how it turned out.  This snowflake square will be sent off to join the others from Knitters for Newtown in making blankets.  I have twenty-six more to do so that each blanket will hopefully have one of these squares.

In other news, a dear friend and I have started our own little group devoted to all things Disney.  It is going to be a lot of fun and it has had a most promising first day.  If you are interested in joining in, come visit us at Disney Adventures and take a look around.  Our challenges will go up on February 1st before noon.

In other crafting news, this past week I have made the following items for my HPKCHC homework ~

Crochet case for Hobbit

A hound finger puppet

A chocolate frog purse
I'd say I had a rather productive week for someone who has been beaten down with a "nasty and raging case of bronchitis" according to her fabulous new doctor.  Yep, I found a new doctor and she's awesome.  She's kind, compassionate, listens and actually cares.  After seeing her, I started to feel better within 24 hours so that let me know that I made the right choice in leaving my old practice.  Sure the medicine makes me loopy but it works and that is way more important in my book.

What all have you wound up this week?

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I really love your snowflake square for Newtown. I'm sure you know that the snowflake has special significance for the students at the new Sandy Hook School. I like that you are making one for each of the blankets too!! I'm enjoying working on my squares for the blankets ....
    I like your blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ma'am. Yes, I had heard about the snowflakes but only after I had made the square so I'm tickled that it will hold that bit of extra meaning for them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...