01 January 2013

New year, new beginnings

I think I'm going to change things up a bit in the new year - get rid of some things that I've outgrown or no longer find interesting and spice things up with some new items.

Motivational Mondays were fun but I think they've run their course and have morphed into something quite different than how they started out.  I have decided to let them rest for a while and will be introducing a new series, Heart and Hearth.  I'll save more for that on Monday when it debuts.

Tuesday Tunes is always fun and I do enjoy it so much therefore it will live on for 2013, as will Sunday Snaps.  Even though the latter was to be a single photograph to wrap up the day, I rather enjoy that it has become more of a reflection of the week that has past.

I've decided that I want to start doing larger projects this year and so as a way to keep me motivated, I'm starting a new segment called "Wednesday Wound-Up".  In my head it was 'round-up' but that 'w' kept getting in the way so I'm running with it.  This is where I am going to share project updates and events - everything from sewing to baking to yarnie goodness... if it's creative, I'll wind it up here.

I also want to get back into reading more and cooking better foods for my family so I've got a great line up for Thursdays - Nibbles and Narratives.  I'm hoping that this will get me back into reading more regularly so each week I'll update my progress on whatever book I'm tackling, along with a really great recipe that I made.

I know I've fallen off the bandwagon with my "Weekend Wonderment" segment but I do love it so I will be resurrecting it for this upcoming year.  Generally speaking, I'm going to try to take Saturdays off from the computer so I can spend them with Hobbit and Pokey but you know me, if something just can't wait then I'll be telling you about it.

There you have it - a fresh new year with a wonderful new feel... and since it's Tuesday -

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great plan of action. Fun things, like blogs, should remain fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I can't wait to see the new Heart & Hearth series. Sounds wonderful! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I'm going to be loving the changes you are making - I can't wait to see what you are doing...and I'll keep up with my reading now that I'm feeling better...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...