22 January 2013

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...

This morning I have already straightened up the house a bit, cut my bangs and started the laundry.  I've got my coffee in hand because Pokey woke me up before he headed out the door for work... still the best alarm clock ever after all these years.  I'll be honest though, I feel a severe case of the 'dontwanna's coming on and I just might give in.  I've got leftovers planned for supper so that helps a lot.

I want to finish these slippers that I'm working on because I want to give them to my mama when my folks come over on Friday.  My mama taught me how to do a granny square back in 2011 when they came down for Peanut's high school graduation.  They stayed with us for a week and I sat at her feet and she showed me all of her crochet knowledge - how to make a granny square.  Since then, I have been bitten hard by the crochet bug - mastering the granny and then some.  My mama is always commenting on how she would love to learn to do some of the things I've been making and I thought that some sweet slippers for her new home (which is all carpeted so I don't have to worry about her slipping) would be a great "Welcome home" present.

On Friday, after my folks have picked up Hobbit for the weekend, I have an honest to goodness date!  Pokey and I are going to see "The Hobbit" because we haven't been on a date in almost three years so we're excited.  He's looking into taking Saturday off so we can have a full day together alone.  Yep, I'm am tickled my folks have moved back from Texas!!

Here is the most perfect song for today - it fits my mood perfectly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...