03 May 2012

Owl-tstanding!

Isn't he precious!
I will buy the pattern on Friday but I wanted to see if I could make it just from sight.  It will be interesting to see how far off I was on things once I do purchase it.  I would like to think that I'll be spot on, or fairly close to it, but reality would tell me otherwise... but I don't care - I love how he came out.

I am a part of a few swaps during the NerdWars break.  One for a group of odd ducks and one for Club 33 so I've got crafting to do - plus, Spring Term just started the other day so these swap presents will be pulling double duty as homework too.

I know I will make a "proper" version of him soon and I know I'll love him but it will a completely different kind of love. It will be an aesthetic love based off my abilities to follow directions where this is silly, giddy love based off my abilities alone.  I deconstructed this project based off of a photograph and used my limited understanding of crochet to recreate it... all on my own.  I did that.  I knew enough to do that.  I'm simply over the moon impressed with me - and sometimes, that's okay too.
I just love him to bits.

My project page is here so if you want all the gory details and documented life of Owl-tstanding, you can see it... for now, I'm simply going to bask in all it's glory until I have to ship him off to his intended recipient.  I just hope they love him as much as I do. 

Then again, I might just keep him for myself. I can make something else for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...