14 May 2012

Aristotle

It really is coming along rather nicely, isn't it.
That is what I'm going to name this bag... because the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.  If you break it down, I'll have done seven different techniques or new skills with this bag.  Seriously, it will be seven - look:

I dyed the yarn (twice really, with two different techniques actually but I only counted this process once), foundation single crochet and granny square adaptation (crochet bits for the bottom), knitting in the round, color work (remember, the purple top and strap are a new yarn), Tunisian crochet for the strap, felting, sewn in lining (complete with pockets and a possible zipper section).

That's seven different techniques and with the exception of two (knitting and changing colors), they are all brand new skills that I just learned this past month. It's so nice to be able to incorporate all of these little things together to make one item.  When it's done, no one will know any of this by looking at it - they'll just see Aristotle, a most amazing bag.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing project. I love your colors and I impressed by all those new techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...