08 December 2010

Homemade Turkey Pot Pie

I have been wanting a pot pie ever since it got cold.  Today, I made one.  It is currently bubbling away in the oven and my house smells delicious!  I thought I would share the recipe with you but I've gotta let you know, I didn't measure anything - it was all 'eyeballed' during the moment.  You know what your family loves so just work it accordingly.

Pot pie is larger than it appears
Ingredients
1 lb of cooked turkey or chicken
1 can of corn
1 can of green beans
1 can of Cream of Soup (mushroom or chicken work best)
1 can of water
Worcestershire sauce
Onion powder
Minced onions
Garlic salt
Pie crust (just one for the top)

I did this in layers so here you go:  First place down half the meat and veg.  Then sprinkle with the spices and Worcestershire sauce.  Afterward, put down another layer just as you have done.  Oh yeah, this is all going in either a 5x7 dish or a deep pie dish, your choice.  Now, mix your cream of soup and one can of water - whisk it well so you get all the lumps out.  Pour this over your mixture in the dish.  Now take your pie crust and place it on top - egg wash optional.  Place all of this yummy goodness in a 400 F oven for 35 minutes.  Here is the only bummer - it has to stand for about 20 minutes before you can serve it.

You could be really super gungho and do individual pot pies, if you have the ramekins to do it... I was one short which is why I had to go for the super huge communal pie.  Side note - order the shirt here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...