|I'm gonna be her when I grow up!|
So here you go - my 2011 Promises To Try:
- Learn four new knitting techniques - that breaks down to one every three months. I don't have to master them but I do have to get over my fear (Fair Isle scares the snot out of me but I SOOOOO want to do it) and just give it a shot. Worst case scenario is that I fail. Big deal, so I will simply try again. End result, more confidence and beautiful items shares.
- Get more sleep. I seem to have a horrible habit of waking around 2 a.m. (even without hiccups) and haunting the house until about 4 a.m. when I go back to bed. I wake up for a variety of reasons but I need to learn to go back to sleep instead of putter around on things that I think need to be accomplished.
- Learn to save money. Pokey and I both stink at this one. I want to try and start a savings account for when we are really old. I haven't worked out all the details but I'm thinking it will involve a sliding percentage scale - goodie.
- Get healthier. I'm not talking about dropping a bazillion pounds and looking like a Lollipop Head girl. I mean it more like a conscious effort to find healthier ways of cooking and healthier options for food.
- Get moving. Let's face it, my hobbies are rather sedentary - knitting, writing, reading, movies, cookies... I mean cooking. I know me and I know I won't do some exercise routine but I will move and play. Even if it's just hopping on the Wii Fit and doing hula hoops, it's moving.
I promise to try to do all of these things and I'm looking forward to a year full of success!