30 December 2010

Promises To Try

2 a.m.  Yep, that's the time that my body forgot to breathe properly and I woke up with hiccups.  2 a.m.  Joy.  What was I going to do with the time on my hands until I stopped?  I looked around and saw Hobbit's bunny hat sitting there so I sewed it's face on and updated here.  Okay, now what?  I decided to read.

I'm gonna be her when I grow up!
I was reading a letter I got from Aunt Paula regarding New Year Resolutions.  It spoke to me - no, literally.  I could her Paula saying exactly what was written (remember, it's after 2 a.m. people).  I decided that I didn't want to set myself up for failure either so this year, I was just going to promise to try to do things.  Should I succeeded at what I try, yippee!  The best part is - I can't fail because I just have to promise to try.  If the endeavor fails, it is still a success because I tried.  Oh  yeah, 2011 is going to be fabulous!

So here you go - my 2011 Promises To Try:

  1. Learn four new knitting techniques - that breaks down to one every three months.  I don't have to master them but I do have to get over my fear (Fair Isle scares the snot out of me but I SOOOOO want to do it) and just give it a shot.  Worst case scenario is that I fail.  Big deal, so I will simply try again.  End result, more confidence and beautiful items shares.
  2. Get more sleep.  I seem to have a horrible habit of waking around 2 a.m. (even without hiccups) and haunting the house until about 4 a.m. when I go back to bed.  I wake up for a variety of reasons but I need to learn to go back to sleep instead of putter around on things that I think need to be accomplished.
  3. Learn to save money.  Pokey and I both stink at this one.  I want to try and start a savings account for when we are really old.  I haven't worked out all the details but I'm thinking it will involve a sliding percentage scale - goodie.
  4. Get healthier.   I'm not talking about dropping a bazillion pounds and looking like a Lollipop Head girl.  I mean it more like a conscious effort to find healthier ways of cooking and healthier options for food.
  5. Get moving.  Let's face it, my hobbies are rather sedentary - knitting, writing, reading, movies, cookies... I mean cooking.  I know me and I know I won't do some exercise routine but I will move and play.  Even if it's just hopping on the Wii Fit and doing hula hoops, it's moving.
That's all I have and I think it's enough for one year.  My daddy always taught me to use K.I.S.S (keep it simple sweetpea) when coming up with plans and that is what I did.  Too many ideas get lost in the shuffle of life so instead of a million half-hearted ideas, I've got 5 really great ones that mean something to me. 

I promise to try to do all of these things and I'm looking forward to a year full of success!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your promises to yourself...all good goals! longlakeyarns.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent goals, Amy! (BTW, Cookies are one of my hobbies too! LOL!)
    I'm with you on the healthy eating/exercise. I've promised myself 40 minutes of exercise per day. I can do 20 min in the morning, 20 in the evening, or one long walk that takes me about an hour. Either way, I'm growing in the wrong direction! :-) Happy New Year, Friend! :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...