28 December 2010

"Font"astic

Holy cannoli!  I never knew the importance of font before last night.  Before all of my late night reading, all I cared about was whether or not I could read it and if it was pretty.  Apparently there are a bazillion different aspects to take into account that I never even would have dreamed existed.

Did you know that fonts can affect your mood?  Yep, it's true.  A font that has sharper edges is more likely to make a person agitated.  Did you know that fonts can dictate what kind of traffic you get to your site?  Yep, another true story.  Those same sharper edged fonts can bring nastier people your way... guess it's tying back to the whole agitation thing.

Now that we have a better handle on the font situation, did you know that there is even more information regarding color - oh yeah, it's true.  I am happy to announce that the color choice - my favorite color in the universe, pink - is spot on.  Pink, according to Crystal-Cure.com, means "caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance".  Well thank goodness for that, right?

So now that I have spent several hours researching the meanings behind fonts and colors, I have narrowed down my logo font to a few different options which Pokey is going to help me narrow down later on tonight.  I put up the one that I am leaning towards now (cutely named "Will and Grace").  I think it has the right amount of rounded and sharpness coupled with my pink... yeah, I'm feeling a bit calmer already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...